Introduction

    Headquartered in Mumbai, Hindustan Unilever is an Indian consumer goods company operating as a subsidiary of Unilever. The company was first established in 1931 as Hindustan Vanaspati Manufacturing Company. The current name was adopted by the company in 2007. 

    The company offers a diverse range of products, including food, beverages, personal care items, water purifiers, various types of cleaning agents, and multiple other fast-moving consumer goods.

    Read on to learn more about the company’s growth over the past decade.

    HUL Financial Analysis

    The company’s gross revenue from operations was recorded to be Rs. 59,579 crores in the financial year 2023-2024. The profits for FY24 were Rs. 10,114 crores as opposed to Rs. 9,962 crores in FY23. 

    The rate of growth of HUL over the past 10 years has been exponential. The table below shows the increase in net revenue earned from operations, profits and basic EPS the company has achieved from 2014 to 2024. 

    Category (Yearly)March 2014 March 2024
    Net Revenue from Operations Rs. 27,408.29 croresRs. 59,579 crores
    Profit for the period Rs. 3,867.49 croresRs. 10,114 crores
    Basic Earnings Per ShareRs. 17.88Rs. 43.05

    HUL Stock Price Analysis

    The following HUL share price chart exemplifies the performance of HUL in the stock market. 

    TTM EPS is 43.05, whereas it was 16.63 in 2014. HUL share price in 2013 was trading at around Rs 460 but is now trading at around Rs 2300+ in 2024.  

    The shareholding in the company is quite diverse. 61.90% of shareholding is with promoters and promoters group shareholders. The rest of the 38.10% of shareholding is with public shareholders.

    Is it Worth Investing in HUL Shares?

    One of the most appealing attributes of HUL is that it is virtually debt-free. After a strong downward trend, the company is reviving and is moderately bullish for short-term investors.

    Out of 39 analysts, 19 strongly suggested investing in Hindustan Unilever by buying the shares, whereas only 14 suggested holding it and 6 recommended selling the share. The  52-week high of HUL share price is around Rs 2,769.65, whereas the 52-week low is around Rs 2,172.05 as of May 2024.

    According to market research, HUL has a lower PE ratio compared to its competitors, and it also has an earnings per share (EPS) of Rs. 43.05. All these parameters make this stock suitable for long-term investment. 

    The Bottom Line

    Personal care and household products are a big industry in itself. HUL has shown steady and consistent growth over the past 10 years. Irrespective of market fluctuations, the company has demonstrated resilience and strategic positioning in the FMCG sector. The company seems to be following an upward trend; therefore, it is a good option to invest in the same. Like every other firm, this firm is also subject to global market changes.

    Read also more blog solthe.com .